Chocolate Banana Croissant Bread Pudding
Try this très decadent version of bread pudding, made with chocolate, bananas and pastry croissant.
- Bread Pudding:
- 9 large croissants
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Caramelized Bananas:
- 5 ripe bananas
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 16 oz. brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Slice croissants in half lengthwise; tear bottom halves of croissants into small pieces.
- Whisk together eggs and sugar. Whisk in cream, vanilla, and salt. Slowly pour mixture over croissant tops; press bread to absorb liquid. Cover; chill 1 hour.
- For caramelized bananas heat up butter and slice bananas about half-inch thick disks, add to butter and once brown add sugar and cinnamon; set aside off heat.
- Add semi sweet chocolate chips and mix until thoroughly combined. Place spoonfuls of bread mixture alternating with caramelized banana mixture into paper baking cups.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set. Serve warm.
SERVINGS: 24 Print Recipe
Back to home