Tropical Lychee Sangria
Top Chef Leah Cohen stirs up a pitcher of sweet, tropical Lychee Sangria with host Candice Kumai.
- Cubed or crushed ice
- 1 750ml bottle of white wine
- 1 20oz can of lychee, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 20oz can of pineapple chunks, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1/4 lb ginger, peeled and thinly sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- Sparkling water
- Bring ginger, sugar, and water to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved, then simmer uncovered for 30 minutes or until syrup consistency.
- Strain the ginger infused syrup through a sieve, then cool to room temperature. Set aside.
- Fill a large pitcher halfway with ice and pour in a bottle of your favorite white wine.
- Add lychee fruit and pineapple to mixture. Add reserve liquid from lychee and pineapple to taste.
- Slowly add simple syrup to desired sweetness and stir until fully combined.
- Fill the remainder of the pitcher with sparkling water.
SERVINGS: 6 Print Recipe
Back to home